This information is important to be understood by all records staff. When registering patients on the system, it is of grave importance that the right information be captured. This is so important because of the following reasons among others
- The patients treatment depends on the information given at records office
- For payment purposes, mobile numbers are matched with numbers entered at records, hence mismatch will cause difficulty in reconciliation
- When official request is made from any government agency, what was captured in the records file is what will be available at patient medical cards.
- When insurance are making payment, it’s important that patient information captured at records is accurate, since any information not matching what is available at insurance records, will not be paid.
- Good bio-data means good data for study and research if need be.
- Follow-up of patients who may have absconded or may need waiver.